Sunday, July 1, 2007

Reunion

My wife and I attended her reunion this weekend. It was one of those things that was not class specific. Anyone from 1932 (when the school was founded) to the class of 1975 were invited. The school is small so they group classes to try and get people to participate. Barb graduated in 1966 so we had already attended her 40th last year. This was a bonus for her. Most of the people in this community don't "wander" to far from home when they graduate, but several people had travelled some distance to spend time with old friends. (and in some cases I do mean OLD).

We are fortunate to have grown up in the South in a farming area. Roots run deep here, so you always feel at home when you come back. There were maybe 125 people in attendance, and it was a very nice experience for Barb. I guess I should note that I did not go to this school, or live in this community growing up. I knew a few people, but not many.

Barb's class had a classmate to pass away recently so they had funded a scholarship in her honor. Barb made the presentation, and did a great job.

You know you are in the South when dinner is a buffet of Fried fish, fried chicken, and fried chicken livers. My kind of people, my kind of food!

1 comment:

Rick said...

You got me thinking about fried catfish. We need to make a trip out to Greenbriers!