Friday, February 20, 2009

"I'm Blessed"

I rolled into the drive up window at McDonalds this morning at 5:30. When the lady opened the window, I asked "how are you today". With a big smile on her face, she responded "I'm Blessed". From the looks of her, she had been up a lot longer than I had. From all the flour on her shirt, I am guessing that her work day started about 4:30 making biscuits for me.

She neglected to tell me that her 401-K was now a 201-K as we so often say, or that she was worried about the market. She never mentioned the unemployment rate, or the stimulus package.

With all the doom and gloom we are hearing today, we often forget just how blessed we really are. Shoes on our feet, food in the pantry, roof over our head, and clean water to drink, I guess that about covers it. Most of the world can not say yes to all of the above.

This lady, who I dare to say, does not have a job that most of us would trade for, made me stop and take stock this morning.

I'm blessed today, how about you?

No comments: