Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bush and the New President

President Bush has a approval rating in the low 30's. History will give us a better perspective I think. Harry Truman was in the low 20's at the end of his term, and now we see him for what he really was, a great president. George Bush may or may not have been one of the greats, but he is far better than how he is being perceived now.

But today, we have a new president elect. If you follow my blog, you know how I feel about elected officials that are anointed by the press without a real vetting by the media. They scare me to say the least.

What should have been, does not matter. How he got there, no longer matters. Whether the electorate was informed or merely mesmerized, does not matter. True patriots will rise to the circumstance and support our new president as he enters the world's most difficult job. That is the way we are supposed to do it in the world's greatest democracy.

I hope I have the strength to be one of those proud patriots, that is my intention. President elect Obama deserves that. History will record it as an historic moment in our nation's story, and it is. In these trying times, our country needs a true patriot and leader, not a pop star. Historians will tell my grandchildren the true results of the Obama presidency. I hope our new president gets a glowing review from the historians.

God bless America

No comments: